The chat room is for socializing; it can be accessed here.
Guidelines and policies
- Please do not:
- Post about, link or otherwise share any content (censored or uncensored) in the main chat that is one or more of:
- Material that contains swearing. Links to songs that contain swearing should be accompanied by a notice saying so
- Otherwise NSFW material
- Use any cuss words, including censored/abbreviated cuss words.
- Flood the chat with repetitive posts/ASCII art/song lyrics/nonsense
- Use excessive amounts of capital letters
- Overuse emoticons/create multiple posts one after another containing solely emoticons
- Link other wiki's chats
- Please do not:
- Harass other users in any manner
- Ask for or give out without permission any personal information
- Discuss matters which other users may find offensive
- Post inciting messages or engage in trolling
- Including "passive trolling" - the process of making users uncomfortable without necessarily breaking any other rules
- Create drama by bringing real life issues into the chatroom which may disturb or upset others, or otherwise cause disruption
- Role play excessively
- Tread on moderators' feet. If there are moderators around, let them deal with any situations.
Evading a ban on an account using another account is strictly prohibited and doing this will result in the original account possibly having its ban extended, and any sockpuppet accounts being indefinitely banned.
- Moderators do not "outrank" other users. All users shall receive equal treatment.
- Before a kick is given, a warning must be given to explain to the user what is wrong with their behaviour. Likewise, a warning must also be given before a ban.
- The sole exceptions to this are offensive content/spam, and sockpuppet accounts.
- Do not use threats to make a point.
- Give bans only when necessary, and keep ban lengths as short as possible. Bans are at the discretion of moderators/admins, however they must still be kept appropriate.
- Communicate with other moderators. If there is a disagreement, for example, about a ban, a civil discussion in a PM should ensue before any ban is undone.
- If you feel uncomfortable dealing with a situation for any reason, do not hesitate to ask another moderator for help.